Who are we? - Braemar is a working station, farming perendale sheep, beef cattle, deer and also offering farmstay accommodation. Dry air, hot summers and cold, crisp winters with vast and spectacular views of Mt Cook, the Southern Alps and Lake Pukaki, are its feature. The lake offers great trout fishing, boating and numerous picnic spots off the beaten track. There are great farm tracks for mountain biking and walking. We are 30 mins from Tekapo, 40 mins from Twizel and 1 hour from The Hermitage, Mt Cook. Just bring your food, friends and camera to enjoy our unique and peaceful part of New Zealand. We are only 1 hour from Round Hill, Mt Dobson and Ohau ski fields so an ideal place to base yourself for a winter family skiing holiday.
Accommodation: Braemar, offers a range of accommadion options:
- Station Cottage, offers spectacular views of Mt Cook, Lake Pukaki and the Ben Ohau range. With 4 double bedrooms and spacious living areas this cottage is the ideal place to get away with family and friends to soak up the natural beauty of the Mackenzie Country.
- Pine cottage, is a character cottage, situated 300m above Lake Pukaki. We have just extensively renovated the Pine Cottage kitchen and living area to ensure it meets modern day expectations but still retain its quirky character. It has a warm sheltered, sunny verandah with stunning views of Lake Pukaki and the Southern Alps.
- Shearers cottage, is a sunny, spacious character farmhouse with totally uninterrupted views of Mt Cook, Ben Ohau range and Lake Pukaki. The recently renovated Shearers Lodge has 4 bedrooms which can sleep up to 9 people. In addition to this we also have a modern sleep-out with two bedrooms that can sleep an extra 4 people. There are two bathrooms, one with three showers, a toilet and laundry facilities (no dryer), the other with a shower and toilet, ideal accommodation for larger groups.
- Middle cottage, is Braemar Station's newest cottage. Built in 2020 it’s warm, spacious and modern with amazing views over looking Lake Pukaki, the Ben Ohau range and of course Aoraki Mt Cook. With 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a spacious living and kitchen area Middle cottage is the perfect house for your family or friends to stay.
- Additional accommodation is also available but please note that this can only be booked in addition to booking one of our other cottages as they do not have bathrooms or kitchens.
Functions - Braemar Station is the perfect spot for your function whether that be a wedding, work party, photoshoots. wedding photos, farm lunches or simply a party. We also offer farm tours in conjunction with Tekapo Adventures
Please contact us for information on pricing or any other questions you may have.
Activities on offer:
- Mountain hiking/biking
- Trout fishing
- Wedding venue
- Outdoor functions
Braemar Station Braemar Mount Cook Station Road, Lake, Tekapo, New Zealand
Phone: 027 254 4206